Greetings Citrix Professionals! It’s time for an update!
This fall is shaping out to be a very busy time for me. 12 hr days, a home and office move and lots and lots of coffee!
[Fortunately- I have a nice big delivery from Amazon of Happy Belly Fairtrade Organic coffee to keep me going! (Affiliate link included to get your own)]
So I wanted to take a quick moment and update here on what I’m working on personally that is in effect keeping me from doing much more development work here.
What I’m Up To
- My Consulting business is growing! While I continue to source work for Citrix Consulting, I’m doing a lot more with some Citrix Partners and even some individual companies. If you would like to learn more, visit BOT-Consulting.com or contact me via the contact form. Right now the focus is on the Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp suite of App and Desktop virtualization products- bringing my experience to bear to help partners better their Professional Services practices! 2016 is filling up but I have some trusted contractors working with me to expand our services. Very exciting times- if you have a need for either full services or even just an architect to look over your design or project- let me know!
- Every November for the past few years I have taken my evenings to work on a novel during National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). Call it a way to express my storytelling side but also a challenge. The challenge is writing 50,000 words in one month. I may or may not make it this year given how busy I am but I’m hopeful. I can tell you from experience that when you hit submit on 50,000 words of story you somehow managed to get thru, it feels GOOD. Though I haven’t made my work available for download yet, I can say that I’ve been working on a series of unofficial novels in the Star Wars universe the last two years and hope to finish the draft manuscript for the series this year! I will post occasional writing breaks at http://avengeralliance.wordpress.com If you sign up to write your own you can track my progress at http://nanowrimo.org/participants/djeshelman/novels/avenger-alliance-redemption
- Life. Hey, it happens. My wife and I are in the middle of a move to a house that needs a little work done. Nothing that can’t be handled, but spare time tends to go away quickly.
Looking ahead to January, however there are some things I’d like to have done, and look for these in the coming months.
What I hope to be Up To… soon
- Reference Designs – something a few of you have asked for and I want to try and provide as best I can. I’m always a bit concerned about providing a design without context but if it’s helpful I want to do it.
- Explaining the Citrix design lifecycle (Assess, Design, Build, Maintain). I promised and article on conducting Health Checks and I haven’t forgotten… just ran out of time to do it!
- Email List – I have been looking more and more about how to best communicate given how infrequently I post to this blog and have come to the conclusion that an email list would be more effective.
- Training and Coaching (Mentoring) – This is a huge leap that is hard to do commit time to without knowing how well received it would be. I need your feedback! If you’d be willing to let me know…
- Would self-paced training be valuable? How much would a fair cost for this be (in USD)?
- Would weekly or monthly Coaching be valuable to you?
- Would a master-class paid webinar series be valuable to you? If so- how much and how often? We can talk topics another day 🙂
- Prep for Citrix Summit 2017
For now- I would love to hear from you. Aside from the questions above- what other topics would be most valuable to you?